Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble installing monterey macOS

macOS Monterey downloads to my 27" 2020 intel iMac, but when installing it, it stops with 50 minutes left and crashes. Tried multiple times.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 2:33 PM

mousemvr1 wrote:

macOS Monterey downloads to my 27" 2020 intel iMac, but when installing it, it stops with 50 minutes left and crashes. Tried multiple times.

Try launching the installer from a Safeboot.

Verify you have adequate free storage available for the software to unpack and expand...

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If you downloaded the full installer it wil be sitting in your Applications folder "Install macOS Monterey.app"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 2:33 PM in response to mousemvr1

mousemvr1 wrote:

Try launching the installer from a Safeboot.

Verify you have adequate free storage available for the software to unpack and expand...

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If you downloaded the full installer it wil be sitting in your Applications folder "Install macOS Monterey.app"

trouble installing monterey macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.