Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot upload files in safari 15.6.1

I cannot upload files from my Mac to web applications like salesforce from the current Safari 15.6.1 how to fix the problem

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 10:23 AM

5 replies

Aug 19, 2022 11:52 AM in response to moritz75

Thanks, I understand there is an "upload" button that just isn't working on that website.

First try the simple first step of quitting Safari and re-launching it. If it still doesn't work, restart the Mac in the usual manner.

If it still doesn't work try clearing Safari's history and website data (both):

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Manage cookies and website data in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If it still doesn't work, perhaps a Safari Extension is causing trouble: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support. That document may reiterate some of the information contained in the other two.

If it still doesn't work, please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. "Safe Mode" eliminates the "usual suspects" consisting of various and sordid non-Apple "anti-virus" and / or "Internet security" junk that should never be installed on any Mac.

If it still doesn't work, perhaps the website is simply broken.

cannot upload files in safari 15.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.