Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and password are nolonger the same on my iPhone and iPad after attempting to update. I have changed email addresses (Apple ID) on both devices. I changed my password on the phone. The iPad doesn’t recognize the new and old passwords.

How do I get both devices to sync the same Apple id and password? I’ve never had this issue prior to trying to install the latest update (don’t kniw

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 10:51 AM

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article on all devices/computers? Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 10:51 AM in response to eewwjj

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article on all devices/computers? Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Apple ID and password are nolonger the same on my iPhone and iPad after attempting to update. I have changed email addresses (Apple ID) on both devices. I changed my password on the phone. The iPad doesn’t recognize the new and old passwords.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.