Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps crashing at commercial break on Apple tv?

This has recently started happening to me on every app -- Youtube, Prime Video, etc. and it just started happening a few days ago. It happens on old BBC and US network tv episodes at the point where that show would have taken a commercial break, not necessarily when the app is programmed to break. On Youtube the screen goes black and stays that way. On other apps I get the buffering symbol on a black screen, then an error message. In the old SEDAT days I would have said that the program is sending a signal that's being mis-read by the app, but I'm sure those old silent cues wouldn't be recognized by today's apps. If I roll it back and play that section again, it does not crash.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 4:33 AM

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 4:33 AM in response to kacky

Try this for any misbehaving app:

Apps crashing at commercial break on Apple tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.