Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does it hurt the battery if the iPhone stays connected long after reaching 100%?

I just got my new iPhone 11 and put it on charging,it was charging for about 7 hours after it hit a 100%.am I hurting the battery?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 11:17 PM

Hi, your iPhone will not over charge but to optimise charging go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Then toggle on Optimise Battery Charging, this setting will learn your charging habits and not charge past 80% until you need your iPhone. Take a look at Apple’s support page About Optimised Battery Charging on your iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 11:17 PM in response to Flaryx

Hi, your iPhone will not over charge but to optimise charging go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Then toggle on Optimise Battery Charging, this setting will learn your charging habits and not charge past 80% until you need your iPhone. Take a look at Apple’s support page About Optimised Battery Charging on your iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Does it hurt the battery if the iPhone stays connected long after reaching 100%?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.