Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch swollen

My complete watch is ruined but both apple support as the manager at the genius bar in apple store refuse to take responsibility and pay for the damage. It is an unsafe situation which could have lead to injury.

the estimated cost of repair is about the purchase price.

Why does apple not take their responsibility and pay for repairs ?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 8:23 AM

Did you buy the extended warranty? Have both the manufacturer's warranty and the extended warranty expired?

Then Apple has no obligation at this point to offer you a remedy at Apple's expense.

BTW, Apple doesn't repair Watches. They are replaced with a new or refurbished watch. Has Apple offered you an Out of Warranty purchase? That is the most that you can expect.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.5; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.7; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.6; HomePods, audioOS 15.5.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 8:23 AM in response to eurodagen

Did you buy the extended warranty? Have both the manufacturer's warranty and the extended warranty expired?

Then Apple has no obligation at this point to offer you a remedy at Apple's expense.

BTW, Apple doesn't repair Watches. They are replaced with a new or refurbished watch. Has Apple offered you an Out of Warranty purchase? That is the most that you can expect.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.5; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.7; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.6; HomePods, audioOS 15.5.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Aug 22, 2022 6:51 AM in response to Carol B.

Carol B. wrote:

What do you mean by “swollen?”

As lithium-ion batteries age, they can swell. In the very confined space of an iPhone or Apple Watch, this can lead to the battery forcing the screen up and away from the frame. Although this doesn't happen with all very old batteries, it is not unexpected or unusual behavior. But, it's also not a reason to call the bomb squad. ;-)

Aug 22, 2022 7:25 AM in response to eurodagen

Hello~ And you know that how? Replacing the battery and o rings in my watch costs about $250 and is done on a regular basis to prevent further damage to my time piece. It’s kind of like servicing my car …when the engine light comes on I do something about it before blowing up the motor. I know you are upset but at this point Apple has made a decision and little can be done about that.

~Katana-San

Apple watch swollen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.