Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XR Storage

I only have like 350 pictures and a couple of short videos on my phone and it is saying that they take up all of my storage and only like 95 photos are saved on my iCloud. I know people who have over a thousand pictures and all of their photos are saved into iCloud. How can I fix this?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 1:48 PM

The only way you can get more storage on your phone is to delete photos, messages, apps, etc.. Be sure to save important photos to your computer or an external drive. iCloud is a very risky place to store anything important. It is primarily a synching service. If you accidentally delete a photo on one device, it will be deleted on all devices and iCloud.

You have not mentioned the amount of storage on your phone, but perhaps this video will help...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 1:48 PM in response to Neymo1

The only way you can get more storage on your phone is to delete photos, messages, apps, etc.. Be sure to save important photos to your computer or an external drive. iCloud is a very risky place to store anything important. It is primarily a synching service. If you accidentally delete a photo on one device, it will be deleted on all devices and iCloud.

You have not mentioned the amount of storage on your phone, but perhaps this video will help...

Iphone XR Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.