Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't save new photos/videos even though I have 2 TB of iCloud storage???

My iPhone storage is full, but I have 2 TB of storage on iCloud, yet I can’t take any more pictures or videos. Isn’t iCloud’s entire purpose to have EXTRA space and to back things up if your iPhone storage is full. What’s the point of iCloud if I have to keep them all on my phone anyways?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 3:12 PM

If your phone is full you'll need to delete items. The point of iCloud is to synchronize your content amongst your devices, it is not offline storage.

You can elect to optimize photos on your device (Settings > Photos) which will keep originals in the cloud and optimized images on your phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 3:12 PM in response to RevoltShaun

If your phone is full you'll need to delete items. The point of iCloud is to synchronize your content amongst your devices, it is not offline storage.

You can elect to optimize photos on your device (Settings > Photos) which will keep originals in the cloud and optimized images on your phone.

iPhone won't save new photos/videos even though I have 2 TB of iCloud storage???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.