Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a macbook air and purchased the ethernet/thunderbolt adapter. unsure of what settings to adjust

I have a macbook air and purchased the ethernet/thunderbolt adapter. When I plug it in the ethernet connection is not connected. In network it shows up but is not active? using cox internet cable, but unsure of what settings I need to adjust/input? thx

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 9:21 PM

AKA Kitersurfer Said:

"I have a macbook air and purchased the ethernet/thunderbolt adapter. When I plug it in the ethernet connection is not connected. In network it shows up but is not active? using cox internet cable, but unsure of what settings I need to adjust/input? thx"

-------

Troubleshooting Adapters:

Start by restarting your Router. Then keeping, this plugged in and shut down your Mac for 30 seconds. Once shut down, power on the Mac, and then see if all is set.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 9:21 PM in response to AKA Kitersurfer

AKA Kitersurfer Said:

"I have a macbook air and purchased the ethernet/thunderbolt adapter. When I plug it in the ethernet connection is not connected. In network it shows up but is not active? using cox internet cable, but unsure of what settings I need to adjust/input? thx"

-------

Troubleshooting Adapters:

Start by restarting your Router. Then keeping, this plugged in and shut down your Mac for 30 seconds. Once shut down, power on the Mac, and then see if all is set.

Aug 20, 2022 9:15 PM in response to kaz-k

If the WiFi is at the top of the list and a WiFi network is available the WiFi will connect before the Ethernet. If the Ethernet is at the top of the list and an Ethernet connection is available the Ethernet will connect first. If whatever is at the top of the list is not available the network connection will drop to the second in the list.

I have a macbook air and purchased the ethernet/thunderbolt adapter. unsure of what settings to adjust

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.