You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer say Encryption credentials expired

Hi,

I just bought a brand new mac computer and now I cannot connect my HP Office Jet 250 Mobile All in One printer to it. It says "Encryption Credentials Expired". I have tried deleting it from the printer list, then choosing it again. I called Apple and they cannot help me. This printer is fairly new and worked perfectly with my previous mac. I have macOS Monterey and it is fully updated. What do I need to do?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

iMac 24″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 2:50 PM

Okay, I just got it working and here's what I did. I got the information from the Mac-Apple Tool?Box.

I put the printer's IP address in a new browser tab and pressed enter o open EWS (embedded web server) page. I went to the Network tab, then to Advanced Settings, then to Certificates. I clicked on Configure and selected "Create an NEw Self-Signed Certficate. I hit Finish.

I just printed 2 things and it worked. On the HP site that opens when you first enter the printer's IP address, it tells you it might not be secure but I did it anyway. I have spent 3 days trying everything else but this worked. I just hope I didn't do anything that I will regret later on. But this suggestion did appear in the Apple Tool Box as I said.....

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2022 2:50 PM in response to KiltedTim

Okay, I just got it working and here's what I did. I got the information from the Mac-Apple Tool?Box.

I put the printer's IP address in a new browser tab and pressed enter o open EWS (embedded web server) page. I went to the Network tab, then to Advanced Settings, then to Certificates. I clicked on Configure and selected "Create an NEw Self-Signed Certficate. I hit Finish.

I just printed 2 things and it worked. On the HP site that opens when you first enter the printer's IP address, it tells you it might not be secure but I did it anyway. I have spent 3 days trying everything else but this worked. I just hope I didn't do anything that I will regret later on. But this suggestion did appear in the Apple Tool Box as I said.....

Aug 21, 2022 6:12 AM in response to misscrabtree

Hi,

Anything of interest in the following article?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06447928

HP Printers - 'Encryption Credentials Expired' Error Displays (macOS, iOS)

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05203661.pdf#v81460141

The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile All-In-One is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

In case of difficulties with AirPrint, and if the setup is OK, one could try the following procedure:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Aug 21, 2022 1:52 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

This did not work. I shut off the router, computer and printer and other devices, waited the time you said and the printer still says Encryption Credentials expired. I'm not sure what to do. I've talked to Apple and they didn't help. They tried and said I need to call HP. This little printer is great and I've had it not quite 3 years. I'd hate to hae to go out and buy a new one.

Thanks for trying though.

Printer say Encryption credentials expired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.