Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Encryption Credentials has Expired for Printer

I updated to Ventura 13.1 and now my printer will not print. I get the message "encryption credentials has expired." I have removed the printed, sent it from the Library to the trash, emptied the trash, shut down, and shut down the computer/printer. When I return to add the printer back I still get the same message. I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere but I've been working on it for two hours and now I just need help.

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 8:59 AM

encryption credentials have expired messa… - Apple Community

Try choosing AirPrint instead of Secure AirPrint when adding the printer: in AddPrinter, hold the Option key down while selecting the printer - that should show both AirPrint and Secure AirPrint in the Use menu.

12 replies

Apr 8, 2023 9:41 AM in response to Pastelon

Go to System Preferences, click on Printers and Scanners, Highlight the printer with the encryption error, click the + icon (mine is on the bottom left of the pop-up), in the new pop-up window hold the option key and select the printer, a new section in that window should appear. On the "Use:" line switch from Secure AirPrint to AirPrint, and then click "Add". It should work. Good luck.

Jan 5, 2023 6:34 AM in response to Pastelon

Pastelon wrote:

I updated to Ventura 13.1 and now my printer will not print. I get the message "encryption credentials has expired." I have removed the printed, sent it from the Library to the trash, emptied the trash, shut down, and shut down the computer/printer. When I return to add the printer back I still get the same message. I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere but I've been working on it for two hours and now I just need help.

Removed and re added the printer>AirPrint

ref:

Encryption credentials expired - Apple Community

ref:

Solve printing problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

post back your success or failure

Feb 15, 2023 11:49 AM in response to John Blanchard1

I used the steps you outlined. When I held down the option key and selected the printer, it showed "secure AirPrint" along with the printer's name. After installation, I chose the printer, and the word "secure" was no longer in the name, and it reported encryption credentials had expired for the printer.

I'm attempting to connect a Ricoh MP C3503 printer which worked fine before the Ventura 13.2 upgrade.

Encryption Credentials has Expired for Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.