Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security Update on MacPro not happening due to false "no internet connection" download block

Running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7 on both 2019 and late 2013 MacBook Pros, both set to auto update. When I check for software update and click "more info," both computers show that an update MacOS Catalina Security Update 2022-005 is available. I have tried multiple times to "install now," but continually get a message that "An internet connection is required to install" -- but this is not correct, I am internet connected. I have rebooted my router and computers, tried multiple things, and always get this same "no internet connection" message. Questions: am I correct in assuming that I need this additional Catalina update even though already running Catalina 10:15:7? AND HOW DO I GET PAST THE "NO INTERNET CONNECTION" MESSAGE TO GET THE SECURITY UPDATE INSTALL PROCESS MOVING? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 8:54 AM

wishinfishin wrote:

Running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7 on both 2019 and late 2013 MacBook Pros, both set to auto update. When I check for software update and click "more info," both computers show that an update MacOS Catalina Security Update 2022-005 is available. I have tried multiple times to "install now," but continually get a message that "An internet connection is required to install" -- but this is not correct, I am internet connected. I have rebooted my router and computers, tried multiple things, and always get this same "no internet connection" message.

Try from a safeboot and compare your results—

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Your 2019 —

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

iMac late 2015 and later

iMac Pro 2017 and later

MacBook Air early 2015 and later

MacBook Pro early 2015 and later

Mac Pro late 2013 and later

Mac mini late 2014 and later

MacBook early 2016 and later

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2022 8:54 AM in response to wishinfishin

wishinfishin wrote:

Running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7 on both 2019 and late 2013 MacBook Pros, both set to auto update. When I check for software update and click "more info," both computers show that an update MacOS Catalina Security Update 2022-005 is available. I have tried multiple times to "install now," but continually get a message that "An internet connection is required to install" -- but this is not correct, I am internet connected. I have rebooted my router and computers, tried multiple things, and always get this same "no internet connection" message.

Try from a safeboot and compare your results—

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Your 2019 —

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5.1

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

iMac late 2015 and later

iMac Pro 2017 and later

MacBook Air early 2015 and later

MacBook Pro early 2015 and later

Mac Pro late 2013 and later

Mac mini late 2014 and later

MacBook early 2016 and later

Aug 22, 2022 6:01 PM in response to leroydouglas

I tried opening in safe mode, than reopening in normal mode -- in fact tried this several times -- but still can't download the update MacOS Catalina Security Update 2022-005 on my 2019 MacPro. As per my original question, the update process begins, but then stops with a message that I don't have internet connection, which is not true -- I do. Using the safe mode approach, I was able to seemingly download the security patch on my older 2013 MacPro -- but no success with the 2019 laptop running Catalina 10.15.7. Any more help to get past this "no internet" update blockage?? Thanks!

Security Update on MacPro not happening due to false "no internet connection" download block

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.