Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I upgrade MacBook from OS 10.12.6 to a version like 10.15 that supports editing Excel spreadsheet

how do I upgrade MacBook from OS 10.12.6 to a version like 10.15 that supports editing Excel spreadsheet

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 8:27 AM

What macOS you can update to will be dependent on the model / year of Mac you have. Look in the Apple Menu->About this Mac to get the specific model / year of your Mac.

Then you can see what macOS version you can install: link-> How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

If you have a more recent Mac that supports it you can follow the steps here to install macOS 12 Monterey: link-> How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2022 8:27 AM in response to HappyFlorida

What macOS you can update to will be dependent on the model / year of Mac you have. Look in the Apple Menu->About this Mac to get the specific model / year of your Mac.

Then you can see what macOS version you can install: link-> How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

If you have a more recent Mac that supports it you can follow the steps here to install macOS 12 Monterey: link-> How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.