Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie not responding

OK, I have done EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING suggested on every site I could find. Finally uninstalled and reinstalled iMovie and STILL... "iMovie not responding" error. NOTHING has worked. So, with many regrets, I am looking for a FREE alternative. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Sorry about the CAPS, but I'm totally frustrated with this app. Thanks.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 3:11 PM

Take a look at Da Vinci Resolve.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnNyUBhCZARIsAI9AYlF1KJd8KPKTRtUHRr2FeftJzIzcv4kg0tOtjTf2LqLhjJ2h2kBGQOUaAsASEALw_wcB

However, if iMovie is not responding it likely is caused by something amiss in your system. Do you have enough free space on your internal drive? Have you tried booting in safe mode? Did you reset your System Management Controller. Did you try deleting preferences? Did you try opening in a new library? Did you try opening iMovie in your Guest Account?

If you've tried all of the above without success, then you might want to consider calling Apple Support. To do that click on the Get Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum's screen and navigate to a place where you can enter your phone number. The techs there have the capability of remotely accessing your computer, that we cannot do here.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2022 3:11 PM in response to Paul Eisert1

Take a look at Da Vinci Resolve.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnNyUBhCZARIsAI9AYlF1KJd8KPKTRtUHRr2FeftJzIzcv4kg0tOtjTf2LqLhjJ2h2kBGQOUaAsASEALw_wcB

However, if iMovie is not responding it likely is caused by something amiss in your system. Do you have enough free space on your internal drive? Have you tried booting in safe mode? Did you reset your System Management Controller. Did you try deleting preferences? Did you try opening in a new library? Did you try opening iMovie in your Guest Account?

If you've tried all of the above without success, then you might want to consider calling Apple Support. To do that click on the Get Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum's screen and navigate to a place where you can enter your phone number. The techs there have the capability of remotely accessing your computer, that we cannot do here.

-- Rich

iMovie not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.