Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

every time I try to open iMovie it says iMovie updating... but It won't open after an hour

Imovie will not open again after creating a movie....

I tried downloading another iMovie app but still will not open

im using monterey 12.6.2

iMac 27″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 9:52 AM

Hi, shawnfromwoodland hills,

Try booting up in Safe Mode, as sometimes that cures little conflicts that hamper operations. Read this link for instructions:

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

-- Rich

3 replies

Dec 21, 2022 12:13 PM in response to Rich839

If safe mode doesn't cure it, and you are using an intel chip Mac rather than an M1 or M2 Mac, you can try resetting your Mac's System Management Controller. It's very easy -- a matter of booting up while holding down certain keys. As said, it is not available for the new M1 or M2 Macs. Here a link that describes the procedure:

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

-- Rich

every time I try to open iMovie it says iMovie updating... but It won't open after an hour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.