📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos received in text messages are tiny and can't make them bigger

lately whenever people send me a text message of a video, it comes to me as a super tiny video. I can't make it full size.

If I tap on the video attachment, it just starts playing the video at that size, super tiny.

how do I make this stop.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 2:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 3:15 PM

It persists with everyone I receive text messages from, not just one user. It happens if they use iMessage or just mms messages.

When I download the video, it is the same quality, it's a tiny square and attempting to play it in full screen just presents a video with grainy, pixelated texture.

3 replies

Aug 22, 2022 2:07 PM in response to Sparrowsavs

Hello Sparrowsavs,

If this is occurring with just one person, then it could be due to the person's video resolution of the camera used to take the video.

If it's not related to the user's camera, since the message is going through MMS with your wireless carrier, your carrier may be setting the size limit.

Check out the information in the following article:

"Your carrier may set size limits for attachments; iPhone may compress photo and video attachments when necessary."

Send and receive photos, videos, and audio messages on iPhone - Apple Support

If you tap the download icon next to the message does it play larger?

See those steps listed here to see if they help: Send and receive photos, videos, and audio messages on iPhone - Apple Support

"Share, save, print, copy, or delete a message or attachment

In a conversation, do any of the following with attachments:

• Share, save, or print an attachment: Tap the attachment, then tap the Share button."

If the issue persists with all MMS messages, but not with videos sent via iMessage, then reach out to your wireless carrier for more details.

Kind regards.

Videos received in text messages are tiny and can't make them bigger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.