Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR

After I purchased my iPhone XR about 5 years ago I purchased the Apple Care. The Apple Care has expired. When I started using the iPhone XR I noticed the batter didn’t perform well. I made several phone calls to Apple Support. I was always told what steps to take. The one I basically remember is to lower the display & brightness. Nothing worked and I just gave up on calling Apple. I noticed Apple has changed since Steve Jobs is deceased. My battery was replaced at my expense at the local Best Buy on August 19, 2022. They had my iPhone for almost 3 hours. I did a back up before the battery was replaced. When I returned home I had problems installing the backup I did at 11:59 AM that day. I called Apple tech support. The first person I spoke to I couldn’t understand one word they were telling me and I was at tears. There was a language barrier between the both of us. They finally transferred me to a supervisor who I did understand. I was on the phone with the supervisor for over 2 hours because he had problems working around my installing the backup. We together finally got the phone to install the backup. My question and comment is if Apple listened to me when I first purchased the iPhone from the Apple Store I would have had better battery performance from day one. I would not have had to replace the battery. This is my first time since iPhone 3 that I had to replace the battery. My sister has an iPhone 8 and she has better battery performance than I had with my iPhone XR. I really want to report this to a higher up as I should have never been treated this way. I have been purchasing Apple Products forever. I am a long time Apple Customer and I deserve to be treated better.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 6:26 PM

Hello ~ No battery lasts forever. I am sorry that you have had an issue. I have had several batteries replaced and one more coming up soon and have never had an issue. You can take a look here and leave your feedback. Good luck and be well.

Product Feedback - Apple

~Katana-San~

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 22, 2022 10:03 AM in response to Katana-San

My iPhone XR is working great. It’s too bad I didn’t have this performance from day one after I purchased the iPhone XR. Why did it take almost five years to realize the poor performance was from the battery. When a customer calls it is important to listen and pay attention. How many times do you need to change a battery. I never changed my battery. A friend also had the same issue with his iPhone XR. He knew enough to replace the battery as he was having performance issues with the XR. I feel the iPhone XR had battery issues on all the iPhone XR. I had Apple Care and didn’t renew. It appears they waited for our Apple Care to expire. The cost would then be on the consumer.

iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.