Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Battery replacement iPhone 12 Pro now get message

I have been an apple user for longer than I can remember. I had a desktop before iPhones even came out im pretty sure, I always support apple when any debates come up about the best cell phones. I believe I still have my iPhone 4, 5, x, and 12 pro.

I had replaced a battery previously on one of the older models and knock on wood it worked great, no complaints.

im currently on my 12 pro and the battery life in settings was below 80% (it was 78%) so it advised me to get the battery replaced, it even led me on the steps to do it so I was thinking “how convenient, so great!!” At first I was going to go to a small repair shop but when I found out the price was the same, if not more I said to myself. “Why would anyone not go to Apple Store or Best Buy (those were my two local options) since I am impatient I went for the first available Best Buy and set up an appointment to replace my battery, I put in all of the details for the appointment so the store would know what I was doing and I went to my scheduled appointment.

It was 30-45 minute drive with one of my children with me and when we got inside I still had to wait about 15 minutes. I explained why I was there, etc. and the technician had me take my phone out of the case, then she did some things in settings for a few minutes and ultimately came up with the same notification that said the battery needed to be replaced. She went in the back then came back about 10 minutes later and started pulling out a form to order a battery, they didn’t even have any in stock!! Wouldn’t it make sense if someone has an appointment for something in particular that the store would have the needed hardware??

She explained to me that they didn’t have it in stock and that she could get it all ordered and I could purchase it and then wait about 4 days, set up another appointment and go through everything again. I was so frustrated I figured that i would just make the appointment at the Apple Store for the following day, I figured they would definitely have it in stock.

well now between talking to apple via chat, and ultimately calling them i finally drove there tonight. I explained what had happened to the employee that was checking people in. I also told her that the apple rep on the phone told me that i could go to the store and wait for someone to be able to do it.

She told me that I would need to make an appointment to speak to a technician to diagnose my phone, even though I am going there for a battery replacement and paying for it on my own, then once they determined that I needed a battery they would see if they had mine in stock, they would not be able to tell me in advance because they could have one today but they couldn’t hold it so if someone came in and needed one it would go to them.

in my opinion it is a horrible way to do business but I left with an appointment for two days from now which was their next appointment. When I walked out of the store there were 3 or 4 little phone repair places so I decided to go and ask. The second one had a battery for my phone, it was $10 more than the apple one but I just wanted it done. So I left my phone and when I came back in about 45 minutes it was ready.

when I had a battery replaced before at one of those places the battery life in settings went up to 100% but today when I went in settings now there is a warning about something not being apple in my phone. I knew the battery was not apple, he showed me the package for the one that was put in.

so now what do I do, is there any way to test the battery or to make the warning go away? Am I stuck with it?? I feel like if better systems were in place I would have gotten a battery from apple, but they clearly don’t make it easy!!

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 9:34 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 19, 2023 6:35 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

I guess I should have figured that out, I paid the phone off a while ago and I’m annoyed at how difficult apple makes it to get serviced. I’m also paying almost $20 a month now for insurance - well I guess I could go the route they originally offered me because with the T-Mobile insurance they won’t replace a battery but will replace an entire phone if it needs a new battery. It makes no sense but I always hate getting rid of my phone, I always feel like maybe I have something that’s not on the cloud that I will one day go back for - I don’t know it sounds kind of stupid now but I still have my X, my 4 I think and one or two others. I would get a new one now but I know there isn’t much difference so I will wait for the next one hopefully. I did look up all the information and you are allowed to replace your battery yourself with their products but I read it all and it’s definitely not something I would do, I got the information on the new battery in my phone and it definitely holds a charge longer. Thank you though.

Battery replacement iPhone 12 Pro now get message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.