Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS assistance

I bought a macbook pro 2020 intel version and when I try to set it up, it says I need the apple id and password of the owner before me. I don’t know what to do and the seller isn’t answering me back. Anyway to bypass this?

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 7:45 PM

ISoProNoob Said:

"MacOS assistance: I bought a macbook pro 2020 intel version and when I try to set it up, it says I need the apple id and password of the owner before me. I don’t know what to do and the seller isn’t answering me back. Anyway to bypass this?"

-------

Seems you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part.

Avoiding a Scam Sale:

Next time you go about purchasing a used device, instruct the user to youse this site, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support. The seller should have known better. Prior to hand in the money, request that they let you log into your Apple ID on it. If the sell decides to disabide by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2022 7:45 PM in response to ISoProNoob

ISoProNoob Said:

"MacOS assistance: I bought a macbook pro 2020 intel version and when I try to set it up, it says I need the apple id and password of the owner before me. I don’t know what to do and the seller isn’t answering me back. Anyway to bypass this?"

-------

Seems you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part.

Avoiding a Scam Sale:

Next time you go about purchasing a used device, instruct the user to youse this site, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support. The seller should have known better. Prior to hand in the money, request that they let you log into your Apple ID on it. If the sell decides to disabide by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

MacOS assistance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.