Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using late 2013 imac as display with 2021 macbook pro with m1 chip

Hi I have a 2021 macbook pro with the m1 chip and i'd like to connect it to my late 2013 as a display. No matter what cables I try it doesn't work. It works with my husbands macbook that's intel.

Does anyone have any solutions or work arounds?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 7:39 AM

Katherine Chordas wrote:

Hi I have a 2021 macbook pro with the m1 chip and i'd like to connect it to my late 2013 as a display. No matter what cables I try it doesn't work. It works with my husbands macbook that's intel.
Thanks!

No Mac's (MBP, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Studio) after 2019 support Target Display Mode.

carefully read > Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2022 7:39 AM in response to Katherine Chordas

Katherine Chordas wrote:

Thanks!

No Mac's (MBP, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Studio) after 2019 support Target Display Mode.

carefully read > Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

using late 2013 imac as display with 2021 macbook pro with m1 chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.