Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife's iPad can't connect to my iPhone's Personal Hotspot

When we're traveling my wife usually connects to my iPhone 12's personal hotspot. Now she keeps getting the "unable to join network" or something like that. She can connect to her own iPhone but her plan has very little data so it's better to use mine. Her iPad is about a year old and is running the latest iOS version. So is my phone. I tried to find a way to get her phone to "Forget this network" so I could re-enter the password but that command doesn't seem to exist for hotspots. Any idea what I can do?

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 9:02 AM

Presumably you not sharing a common AppleID, but are each using your own AppleID (as you should) to access your own devices. If so, you’ll be able to automatically connect to your own iPhone hotspot from your own device(s).

For you wife to access your iPhone hotspot, you must first enable the hotspot on your iPhone:

Settings > Personal Hotspot > Allow Others to Join - set to ON

You’ll need to share your [hotspot] WiFi Password with you wife.

More information:

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2022 9:02 AM in response to mackim2

Presumably you not sharing a common AppleID, but are each using your own AppleID (as you should) to access your own devices. If so, you’ll be able to automatically connect to your own iPhone hotspot from your own device(s).

For you wife to access your iPhone hotspot, you must first enable the hotspot on your iPhone:

Settings > Personal Hotspot > Allow Others to Join - set to ON

You’ll need to share your [hotspot] WiFi Password with you wife.

More information:

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

My wife's iPad can't connect to my iPhone's Personal Hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.