Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact name change to number in whatsapp

Hi guys. My iphone XS just have a problem. All of my contacts that i have saved from 3 months from now have been changed to phone number. I dont why, i tried to save it all again, and after a week it just came back all of sudden.m, it will be change to phone number again. I have update my ios to 15.6 and my whatsapp also fully updated.

do u guys have this problem? It is really frustrating because i should save them once a week. I just got employed by a new company and i have so many new contacts.. i have attached the picture below, those that have names were old contacts (3 months from now).

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2022 3:04 AM in response to goodboys

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Contact name change to number in whatsapp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.