Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp contact mystery

I'd like to understand this behaviour in iPhone 11 latest iOS about Whatsapp contact:

I'm using only Gmail contacts and Gmail account is synchronised to contacts.

I can see correctly contact XXX both on iPhone and on Gmail site; this number included the area code.

In Whatsapp when I write new message I cannot browse XXX infact my chat shows only phone number.

It likes XXX contact doesn't belong to Whatsapp.

I solved in Whatsapp in this way: 

I added whatsapp contact to the existing contact XXX so I gave twice the same number on the same contact, but the name XXX was changed to YYY.

Can you explain what happened ?

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 7:14 AM

This seems to be a whatsapp (and google) issue.

I recommend contacting them by following these steps from within that app:

If you have any feedback or questions, please go to WhatsApp > Settings > Help > Contact Us

Hopefully they can get it straightened out for you.

1 reply

Whatsapp contact mystery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.