Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling with Arrow keys are not working with Magic keyboard

Hello so I have macOS Monterey on my Mac PC, with magic keyboard, it was going great and now I have no idea what I have done but I cannot use my arrow keys to scroll back in a sentence to change a letter, when I press the left arrow key: it will select the whole paragraph, if I press the forward arrow the right click seams to be activated to cut copy or paste, which is not what I was expecting, this is frustrating with my work, any ideas please. However up and down arrow lets me go up and down a paragraph.

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 6:12 PM

Also go to accessibility preferences and make sure that Full Keyboard Access is turned OFF

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 23, 2022 4:29 PM in response to narrrr

Hi narrrr,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you may have change a setting. Let's check the following:

1. "Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Keyboard.
  2. Click Shortcuts.
  3. From the bottom of the preferences window, select the checkbox “Use keyboard navigation to move focus between controls.”'

If this is selected already, uncheck it. If it it not selected, leave it as is. Unchecking this will change the behavior back to default for your navigation keys. You can find these steps and other settings to check for your keyboard here: Mac accessibility shortcuts

Should the behavior continue, let us know if this happens in all apps or certain apps. Also, which macOS version are you running? This can be found in the Apple menu under 'About This Mac'.

Cheers!

Scrolling with Arrow keys are not working with Magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.