Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting "This message has no content" on some Apple Mail emails [REDUX]

Sometimes I get a message saying "This message has no content" on my Mac Mail but don't get this in iOS Mail. I followed the instructions here, but the issue persists.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 11:05 AM

Hi djfunk_from_sj,

Thanks for posting here. Does this happen with random emails or do you notice this specifically with one mail contact? If messages appear to be missing or garbled when using macOS, you can try rebuilding your mailbox. Check this out: Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac
You may need to rebuild a mailbox to update the list of messages it contains. For example, if messages appear to be missing or garbled, or if you can’t find all relevant messages when you search using the Entire Message search option.
1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, select a mailbox in the sidebar.
2. Choose Mailbox > Rebuild.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 11:05 AM in response to djfunk_from_sj

Hi djfunk_from_sj,

Thanks for posting here. Does this happen with random emails or do you notice this specifically with one mail contact? If messages appear to be missing or garbled when using macOS, you can try rebuilding your mailbox. Check this out: Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac
You may need to rebuild a mailbox to update the list of messages it contains. For example, if messages appear to be missing or garbled, or if you can’t find all relevant messages when you search using the Entire Message search option.
1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, select a mailbox in the sidebar.
2. Choose Mailbox > Rebuild.

Cheers.

Getting "This message has no content" on some Apple Mail emails [REDUX]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.