Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple email - requesting a receipt from recipient

I need to be able to establish if someone has read a email I sent from my iMac. Is there any way to do this on iMac with the latest upgrade?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 10:43 AM

No. There is no way to do this reliably using ANY mail client unless you are using an Internal MS Exchange system where both the sender and recipient are on the same system, and even there they are not obligated to allow read receipts to be sent to the originator of the message.

OK… “any” is too strong. it is possible if you are both using the same mail system hosted on Lotus Notes, but those are so few and far between now, that it really doesn’t bear mentioning.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2022 10:43 AM in response to Frankfiz

No. There is no way to do this reliably using ANY mail client unless you are using an Internal MS Exchange system where both the sender and recipient are on the same system, and even there they are not obligated to allow read receipts to be sent to the originator of the message.

OK… “any” is too strong. it is possible if you are both using the same mail system hosted on Lotus Notes, but those are so few and far between now, that it really doesn’t bear mentioning.

Apple email - requesting a receipt from recipient

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.