Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID email, wont let me update

I'm trying to change my Apple ID email to a current email because the original email I put in I lost. Every time I type the email in and do the verification Code, it tells me exactly this...

"Could Not Update Email"

This email address is not available for use as an Apple ID. You may already have an Apple ID associated with this address. Please try again or sign in using your existing Apple ID...

I don't know what other Apple ID is associated with my address. Can someone help.

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 11:32 AM

If there is an Apple ID using that email address, you will need to get a different email address.

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password for that email address, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, if you can't recover the password using the steps above, you will need to use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2022 11:32 AM in response to Molly_W5

If there is an Apple ID using that email address, you will need to get a different email address.

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password for that email address, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, if you can't recover the password using the steps above, you will need to use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

Apple ID email, wont let me update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.