Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What’s wrong with My 2018 MacBook Air

What does my problem report mean?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 7:55 PM

Read If your Mac restarts and a message appears - Apple Support. Follow all those instructions.

KP reports are cryptic and rarely point to a single cause:

"The most likely cause is faulty software. A kernel panic can also be caused by damaged or incompatible hardware, including external devices attached to your Mac."

If you have any peripherals connected to that Mac, disconnect them to determine if they are a factor.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2022 7:55 PM in response to Samsonsilver

Read If your Mac restarts and a message appears - Apple Support. Follow all those instructions.

KP reports are cryptic and rarely point to a single cause:

"The most likely cause is faulty software. A kernel panic can also be caused by damaged or incompatible hardware, including external devices attached to your Mac."

If you have any peripherals connected to that Mac, disconnect them to determine if they are a factor.

What’s wrong with My 2018 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.