Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open an FOB file on my MAC

Have downloaded an FOB file & can't seem to open with quicktime

iMac 24″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 4:52 PM

A VOB file (Video Object) is a container format contained in DVD-Video media. VOB is based on MPEG-2 program stream format, but with additional limitations and specifications in the private streams. It contains the actual Video, Audio, Subtitle, and Menu contents in stream form.

You know we’re doing this in an effort to help but you can easily search for this information yourself using Google or any other search engine. Now as for playing a VOB file that’s a different story. VOB files are usually contained inside the Video_TS folder on a DVD Disc and are copy protected. Since it is illegal to discuss how to remove the copy protection on a DVD Disc we cannot talk about that.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 4:52 PM in response to Gasped

A VOB file (Video Object) is a container format contained in DVD-Video media. VOB is based on MPEG-2 program stream format, but with additional limitations and specifications in the private streams. It contains the actual Video, Audio, Subtitle, and Menu contents in stream form.

You know we’re doing this in an effort to help but you can easily search for this information yourself using Google or any other search engine. Now as for playing a VOB file that’s a different story. VOB files are usually contained inside the Video_TS folder on a DVD Disc and are copy protected. Since it is illegal to discuss how to remove the copy protection on a DVD Disc we cannot talk about that.

Aug 23, 2022 4:59 PM in response to Gasped

It’s a proprietary Microsoft file extension

What is a FOB file?Contains objects used by Microsoft Dynamics NAV, a business management and analysis program; may include tables, forms, and other objects that are referenced by the application; may be included with the program or downloaded from Microsoft, such as the "devtool.fob" file.

I doubt there’s any way to open this file on a Mac.

Aug 24, 2022 6:38 PM in response to lkrupp

Thank You, it contains Healing Arts (amature video of a person doing a form of Tai Chi & this type activity has been invaluable to my recovery from seizures & stroke). I really appreciate the help as I'm not with it so much when it comes to technology & multiple details. Thanks again. I did manage to open the files & download a player.

Open an FOB file on my MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.