Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X EI Capitan problem with reinstalling

So quite awhile ago (few years actually) I was having fun with my new iMac that my dad bought for me. It was all going well but what I didn’t know was that the previous owners Apple ID was signed into it so when I went to reset it to clear storage, I tried putting in my “iPhone” Apple ID but it came up with a message saying “This item is temporarily unavailable. The iMac I am using is an older version but I am assuming it’s because the apple ID I am using is not connected with a Mac account. So is there anyway I can sign into my Mac and reinstall OS X? We no longer have contact with the previous owner so there is no way we are gonna know his Apple ID.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 12:43 AM

Did you try to use the macOS Recovery, to reinstall OS X El Capitan?

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

OS X EI Capitan problem with reinstalling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.