Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home app on macOS has not updated after upgrade to Monterey

I've recently updated my MacBook Pro to Monterey 12.5.1. The Home App has not updated or refreshed since then and so is not showing HomeKit devices that are visible on my iPhone and iPad. I am signed into iCloud with the same Apple ID on my laptop and iPhone and iPad. Can anyone suggest any troubleshooting steps I should take to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 1:34 AM

Good work on your part 👍 and perhaps one more go at it before moving forwards.

Sign Out of iCloud completely .

Shutdown computer and pause 10 seconds.

Power up again and pause 10 seconds before signing back into iCloud.

This is an attempt a Force Sync of the entire iCloud configuration

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 1:34 AM in response to Liz S

Good work on your part 👍 and perhaps one more go at it before moving forwards.

Sign Out of iCloud completely .

Shutdown computer and pause 10 seconds.

Power up again and pause 10 seconds before signing back into iCloud.

This is an attempt a Force Sync of the entire iCloud configuration

Aug 25, 2022 4:04 AM in response to Liz S

User wrote "Might this be because I have a firmware password set? "

So based upon this specific information and terminology - reasonable to conclude as per previous linked information

With the computer Totally shutdown and not a Restart the provided method should work.

Above is dependent on using the Builtin Keyboard and not a Bluetooth Keyboard as Bluetooth Keyboard is iffy at best in the situation.

Aug 25, 2022 8:24 AM in response to PRP_53

Ok, so I've removed the firmware password, successfully restarted in safe mode and the Home App is still not updated as it is on my other devices. I also tried to uncheck Home in my iCloud settings, restarted my MBP and rechecked Home. No change there either. I think the next step is to update my Time Machine backup and reinstall macOS. Unless anyone can suggest another way of forcing the Home App to resync with iCloud? This is really far more difficult than I ever imagined.

Home app on macOS has not updated after upgrade to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.