Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey and HomeKit does not work together

I created my HomeKit Home through my iPhone running iOS 16.2. Both my iPad and iPhone can see it. However, when I open my MacBookPro running Monterey 12.6.2, the Home app. comes up as a blank screen on my MacBookPro - no Home sidebar, no Home icons, no Home accessories, nothing in the window. It doesn't even display my Home name. Is this a result of iOS 16.2 bugs on my iPhone?

FYI. Yes, I am logged into the same AppleID, iCloud account.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 6:57 AM

Russa wrote:

I created my HomeKit Home through my iPhone running iOS 16.2. Both my iPad and iPhone can see it. However, when I open my MacBookPro running Monterey 12.6.2, the Home app. comes up as a blank screen on my MacBookPro - no Home sidebar, no Home icons, no Home accessories, nothing in the window. It doesn't even display my Home name. Is this a result of iOS 16.2 bugs on my iPhone?

There is something suspect...

December 22, 2022

ref: Upgrade to the new Home architecture - Apple Support

You can Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2023 6:57 AM in response to Russa

Russa wrote:

There is something suspect...

December 22, 2022

ref: Upgrade to the new Home architecture - Apple Support

You can Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Jan 1, 2023 4:18 PM in response to Russa

Russa wrote:

I am running the new Home architecture and all accessories are "up to date". l think the new Home architecture is incompatible with Monterey on my MacBookPro.

If Apple Support offered no insight..

then file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here:  hhttp://www.apple.com/feedback

and wait for the next point up date and see if resolves.

Monterey and HomeKit does not work together

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.