Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up windows on MacBook pro

A couple of weeks ago, I started getting pop windows while navigating various websites. These are not ads. They are condensed versions of the website that I am viewing. In many cases they prevent me from selecting options. I cannot stop them by going to safari and preferences. The only thing different I have done is add windows to my MacBook Pro about two weeks ago.

George

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 6:03 PM

John,

Thank you for replying. I think I figured this out. I looks to me that the window that is coming on my screen is a reader and not a pop up window. I had no idea. I went to the preferences and saw that settings for Automatic Reader is on for all my websites. I have no idea how this happened. I turned the reader off and "poof" no more windows.

Thank you

George

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 6:03 PM in response to John Galt

John,

Thank you for replying. I think I figured this out. I looks to me that the window that is coming on my screen is a reader and not a pop up window. I had no idea. I went to the preferences and saw that settings for Automatic Reader is on for all my websites. I have no idea how this happened. I turned the reader off and "poof" no more windows.

Thank you

George

Pop up windows on MacBook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.