Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting detect safe browsing progr

How to delete "Detect Safe Browsing Program"

I have tried the processes I've found on google, which do not work. I'm supposed to go to applications and drag the icon to the trash, but it will not delete because it is running. I've gone to the Activity Monitor and quit the application only for it to immediately restart, so I can't drag it to the trash because it is again running.

What is the correct process to delete this program?

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Michael.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 5:06 PM

Hi,

First, see if there is an uninstaller program for the app and use it if there is.

If not, try going to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items, and if the app is listed there, select it and click the - (minus) sign. Then restart and see if you can delete it.

If still no luck, try booting into Safe Mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support and see if you can delete it there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 5:06 PM in response to mdr789

Hi,

First, see if there is an uninstaller program for the app and use it if there is.

If not, try going to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items, and if the app is listed there, select it and click the - (minus) sign. Then restart and see if you can delete it.

If still no luck, try booting into Safe Mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support and see if you can delete it there.

deleting detect safe browsing progr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.