Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help Please !!

Hi I am new to this so any help would be appreciated ,I have googled and try and fine YouTube videos to try and work out what I am doing wrong but had no luck. I am trying to make a time sheet that calculates my weekly hours based on a 40 hour week, BUT my 4th weeks total hours keep changing the duration... Why would it do that and how do I fix it / stop it from doing it what am I doing wrong?

My second question is can someone please help me with a formula on how I can get any hours over 40 hours per week to show in OT hours. I have added it in my September Spreadsheet ( Photo attached )

iMac

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 12:45 AM

"my 4th weeks total hours keep changing the duration... Why would it do that and how do I fix it / stop it from doing it what am I doing wrong?"

You've entered a number value ( 0 ) in each of the green highlighted rows of Week 4. Numbers has picked this up and reports the total hours as a decimal number instead of as a duration value. You should be able to cure this by entering the 'working time' for the Off days as 0h instead of 0.

As for calculating regular and OT hours, I'm assuming from your description that only the work time exceeding 40 hours per week is counted as OT. in If this is correct, then

your formula in F10 would be MIN(40h,F9)

And in F11:                                 MAX(0h,F9-40h)

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 12:45 AM in response to Pietav

"my 4th weeks total hours keep changing the duration... Why would it do that and how do I fix it / stop it from doing it what am I doing wrong?"

You've entered a number value ( 0 ) in each of the green highlighted rows of Week 4. Numbers has picked this up and reports the total hours as a decimal number instead of as a duration value. You should be able to cure this by entering the 'working time' for the Off days as 0h instead of 0.

As for calculating regular and OT hours, I'm assuming from your description that only the work time exceeding 40 hours per week is counted as OT. in If this is correct, then

your formula in F10 would be MIN(40h,F9)

And in F11:                                 MAX(0h,F9-40h)

Regards,

Barry

Need Help Please !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.