Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do with an empty airpods 2 case?

A little while ago I lost my AirPods 2 in a store and I could not find them anywhere anymore. Tried also with the Find-app and went to the Apple Store here but seems like someone took off with them. I’ve already bought new AirPods 3 and decided not to think about it anymore but I now realized that I still have the empty charging case from the AirPods 2 at home. Does anyone know what I can do with that? It’s in good shape, with a protection sleeve on it, still charged etc.

Can I sell it somewhere or do smt else with it? Thanks for your reply in advance! :-)

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 8:43 AM

Hi daan274,

It looks like the empty case doesn't have a trade-in value, and selling the case wouldn't be of any value to the purchaser. We would recommend recycling. Apple will mail you a box so you can ship it free to a recycle center.

Apple Recycling Program can be found by selecting your country location here: National Services - Apple

Apple cares about the environment and will dispose of the case, no cost to you.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 8:43 AM in response to daan274

Hi daan274,

It looks like the empty case doesn't have a trade-in value, and selling the case wouldn't be of any value to the purchaser. We would recommend recycling. Apple will mail you a box so you can ship it free to a recycle center.

Apple Recycling Program can be found by selecting your country location here: National Services - Apple

Apple cares about the environment and will dispose of the case, no cost to you.

Have a great day!

What can I do with an empty airpods 2 case?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.