Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed out Inbox

iPad community

In the Mail app on my 8th generation iPad (iOS 15.6.1) I have two email accounts, IMAP connection. One is to my Gmail and the other to my AT&T (*@sbcglobal.net). In my AT&T account the app shows two Inbox’s, of which one is greyed out (see Figure 1), but shows an email count. I think the second Inbox contains the additional sub folders I’ve created but can’t access via my AT&T email account through the iPad App. Which is different than my Gmail account. My Gmail account shows only one Inbox and when I expand it I see my additionally created sub-folders (see Figure 2). The greyed-out Inbox associated with the AT&T account, will continue to show an increase in emails but there seems to be no way of accessing the material, and the count doesn’t seem to decrees when I delete emails using Outlook on my laptop. The only way I’ve fount to correct this issue is occasionally delete the AT&T account on my iPad and then add it back.

Any Suggestions?

Figure 1

Figu

Figure 2

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 6:09 AM

Sign-in to the affected email account using your email providers webmail portal (using a web browser) - and try to resolve the folder conflict from there. If necessary, seek assistance from your email providers technical support team.

Similar questions

1 reply

Greyed out Inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.