Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening a Gifted Movie

I attempted to send a friend a couple of movies via iTV. She is not technically savvy and has had trouble figuring out how to access the movies I sent her. Not being on the receiving end, I cannot walk her through the process. Is there a step-by-step set of instructions I could send her for how she might access these gifts? Everything I found was either very dated (iTunes) or only covered the sending, not the receiving side.

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 8:22 AM

I attempted to send a friend a couple of movies via iTV.

That is not supported as you describe it. Gifting movies requires using the iTunes Store app on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. You would gift movies to an Apple ID account of someone else.

[Recipient] has trouble figuring out how to access the movies I sent her. Is there a step-by-step set of instructions I could send her for how she might access these gifts?

Gift apps, music, movies, and more from Apple - Apple Support

“5. After the gift is sent, the recipient gets an email. When they open the email and click Redeem, the item automatically downloads to their device” (and Library).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 8:22 AM in response to snarkhart

I attempted to send a friend a couple of movies via iTV.

That is not supported as you describe it. Gifting movies requires using the iTunes Store app on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. You would gift movies to an Apple ID account of someone else.

[Recipient] has trouble figuring out how to access the movies I sent her. Is there a step-by-step set of instructions I could send her for how she might access these gifts?

Gift apps, music, movies, and more from Apple - Apple Support

“5. After the gift is sent, the recipient gets an email. When they open the email and click Redeem, the item automatically downloads to their device” (and Library).

Opening a Gifted Movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.