Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange behaviors on my iPad

Hello 👋

I noticed that for several weeks my iPad has been having strange behavior. It emits notification ringtones while no notifications appear. This happens when I use my iPad and even when it is on standby. It's quite strange and I can't determine where these ringtones come from. To be honest, I was afraid when I learned of the flaw that made it possible to execute code remotely from an application or website. Seeing that my iPad model was affected and that I was slow to update, I was wondering if it was possible that I was the victim of this flaw and if so, how can I check it?

Thank you in advance 😁

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 3:27 PM

If you are concerned that your iPad may have been compromised, ensure that you have updated to iPadOS 15.6.1 and erase/reset the iPad. If you have any data that you wish to preserve, prior to reset, ensure that you have created a backup.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can reset the iPad here:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content & Settings

Upon conclusion of the reset, you’ll be able to set-up the iPad “as new” - and will have opportunity to restore your data from your iCloud or iTunes backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 3:27 PM in response to Arn_eau_

If you are concerned that your iPad may have been compromised, ensure that you have updated to iPadOS 15.6.1 and erase/reset the iPad. If you have any data that you wish to preserve, prior to reset, ensure that you have created a backup.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can reset the iPad here:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content & Settings

Upon conclusion of the reset, you’ll be able to set-up the iPad “as new” - and will have opportunity to restore your data from your iCloud or iTunes backup.

Strange behaviors on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.