Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage from different countries

greeting!

may i know if we can use imessage for free when in different countries? for example, i am using it now with my friends who lives in Cambodia and I am in the US. And I do not know if it’s gonna charge me on the phone fee or not. Please help

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 4:47 PM

There is no charge for iMessages. The issue you want to be careful of is if for some reason the iMessage can't be delivered, possibly because the recipient's phone is off or out of data coverage, if you have "send as SMS" turned on, it could result in sending an international text message that your cellular carrier may charge for.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 4:47 PM in response to vi186

There is no charge for iMessages. The issue you want to be careful of is if for some reason the iMessage can't be delivered, possibly because the recipient's phone is off or out of data coverage, if you have "send as SMS" turned on, it could result in sending an international text message that your cellular carrier may charge for.

imessage from different countries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.