Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode reset through Face ID?

It's all about iPhone XR. I forgot passcode and now i am unable to use iPhone. My face id is enabled for alternative way to unlock device. My question is how can i reset passcode using face id ? I know apple id and password but still i am unable to reset passcode through face id. there must be an option to reset passcode through face id because thieves can't steal our face. I am forced to erase data. If face id is enabled, why can't i reset passcode through the alternative way? Apple should do something about this. I am the owner, its my face id there but still i can't reset passcode through it and i am forced to erase all data. Apple please do something about this, its a serious issue. there must be a way. If there is any way to reset passcode please let me know. and apple should add this feature

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 10:55 PM

Lock Screen Passcode or Screen Time Passcode.

Following this process is the only way out if your iPhone is disabled. The steps given in this link will help you reset the passcode -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

3 replies

Passcode reset through Face ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.