Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you set iCloud to syncing only the new pictures when it's full?

I find iCloud very good to transfer pictures to my PC from work (or email an iCloud link to colleagues), but when it's full it doesn't work until I free up space by deleting my pictures. So is there a way to tell iCloud that when it's full it can just forget about the oldest pictures?

There 's a simple solution and that's paying Apple 1€ a month, but I don't want to do that, it's nonsense to keep servers full of twenty duplicates of the same pictures anyways, a single server of Google in the Netherlands uses more power than the whole of Amsterdam. So no, I'm not participating to the massive online cloud things, even if it only costs me 1€.

I got support from Apple in unsyncing iCloud, emptying it and syncing again, but it starts syncing again all the old pictures, so as long as there are pictures on the phone over the space limit of iCloud, you cannot use iCloud until you empty space. Or does anyone here have a solution?

(If anyone from apple reads this, maybe it's a good idea to give users of iCloud the option to automatically delete multiple copies of a photo-burst that they won't look at anyways. Online storage is great, but it doesn't come free of CO2, so one can better optimize the use of it)

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 11:33 AM

No. syncing is all or nothing.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can you set iCloud to syncing only the new pictures when it's full?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.