Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music will not load my iTunes .itl library.

For reasons beyond this topic, I had to delete my user account on my computer (M1 iMac running Monterey 12.5.1) and create a new account. When I try to link Music in my new user account to the old iTunes .itl file, it starts the process, creates the new folder and a Music library (103 bytes) but then stops. In the Music app, it just shows the spinning wheel for hours and days. I've tried it a couple times, then rebooted and tried it again, same result. Any idea what might be happening? Is there an issue with ownership of the iTunes library that needs to be resolved? Thanks in advance for your help.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 1:49 PM

Resolved.... I needed to use one of the Music library files that was in a Previous Libraries folder, not the .itl library.

1 reply

Music will not load my iTunes .itl library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.