Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air maintainance tips?

I have a MacBook Air 2017, running High Sierra.

I have been using this laptop for two years as of this moment for work, school, and mostly for Gaming.

Any tips on maintenance for this device for both software and hardware?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 6:13 AM

7 replies

Aug 27, 2022 8:50 PM in response to Cyflor-N-Ac

Cyflor-N-Ac Said:

"Macbook Air maintainance tips?: I have a MacBook Air 2017, running High Sierra. I have been using this laptop for two years as of this moment for work, school, and mostly for Gaming. Any tips on maintenance for this device for both software and hardware?"

-------

What to consider...:

A. Optimize the Login:

Remove Apps from Login Items:

See if this is a Login Items. If so, remove them as such and then restart the Mac, seeing if it/they no longer load(s) at login and if you no longer get this issue.  Start up your Mac in Safe Mode, as Login Items do not run at login.  Go Here: Change Users & Groups Login Items preferences on Mac - Apple Support.

B. Keep a Safe Mac:

Scan your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller
  3. You may need t contact the developer, for an older version.

Aug 27, 2022 8:01 AM in response to Cyflor-N-Ac

Keep it updated as fully as possible, use common sense on the internet, make backups routinely, don't open unknown emails, don't install apps because somebody says it's good, don't spill liquids on it, observer ambient conditions and don't operate in conditions outside what you see in the specs, install no AV, helper, optimizer or fixer apps, keep the battery charged and let the circuity handle the management.

Aug 27, 2022 8:45 PM in response to Cyflor-N-Ac

Cyflor-N-Ac wrote:

Keeping the battery charged all the time is safe and maintaining battery life?? I keep hearing keeping my mac plugged in all the time reduces charging capacity?

You are hearing wrong. You can keep the computer plugged in whever needed or when convenient to do so. Neither the battery nor the computer will be damaged by leaving it plugged in. Leaving it plugged in reduces the rate of accumulation of battery cucles. The MacOS manages the charging/power system very well. There is no need for you to try to micromanage the system.

Macbook Air maintainance tips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.