Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Change my Apple ID to be the same as my ICloud ID?

My Apple ID uses a gmail address suffix (@gmail.com) while my ICloud ID uses an icloud email suffix (@icloud.com). I set them up that way many years ago, but now I'd like to have just one account for both. The problems are the Apple ID (the one with the gmail suffix) is used to buy aps and itunes and I have a credit balance on that account. The icloud account (with the icloud suffix) is used for email and, naturally, for access to icloud for backing-up my iphone and such. Note that I use a pc (not a mac) and an iphone. What is the easiest way for me to change to one ID for both Apple ID and ICloud ID without losing my credit balance on my Apple ID (with gmail) or losing my iphone photos, back-ups, etc.? I would appreciate any help with this self-created conundrum.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 7:10 PM

You can't merge Apple IDs. If you want to go to the iCloud ID for everything, you will lose the store credit. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.   *

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

Family Sharing - Set up Family Sharing in the Apple TV app.  -

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2022 7:10 PM in response to mixed-up-bigtime

You can't merge Apple IDs. If you want to go to the iCloud ID for everything, you will lose the store credit. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.   *

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

Family Sharing - Set up Family Sharing in the Apple TV app.  -

How to Change my Apple ID to be the same as my ICloud ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.