Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and icloud mail/account

So I have an apple ID that is dated from before iCloud existed. And I have my iCloud account for mail and backup/storage.

Now it's still my biggest irritation, that you have to fill in two passwords every time you have a new device or had to change the password. Also you need to remember what you use for what.

Is there any option to merge these?

I found the option to not use the iCloud account but this is not an option because this is my primary mail account. And all my purchases are in my apple ID account.

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 10:19 AM

You can't merge Apple IDs. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 29, 2022 4:20 AM in response to dedjloco

What you meant for this?

dedjloco wrote:

Now it's still my biggest irritation, that you have to fill in two passwords every time you have a new device or had to change the password. Also you need to remember what you use for what.

So you need to fill two passwords?

do you meant device account password + iCloud account password?

I think you need only fill passwords once if it is new device and then you only need device/account/profile password.

I recommended password manager, if you don't remember passwords.

Apple ID and icloud mail/account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.