Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod

For the longest time I could ask Siri on my HomePod to play a particular Podcast by name. Siri would reply to me identifying the Podcast and then start playing it.

Now when I ask for a certain Podcast to be played, Siri simply states "here's Apple Podcast" and plays anything in my followed shows list.

I have reset HomePod to try to return to the original way but no luck. It continues to play anything on my list from my iPhone XR.

Is there a setting I'm missing? I don't remember changing any settings before this new behavior took hold.

I'd appreciate any assistance on how to get Siri and HomePod to play what I ask.

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 9:43 PM

This is most likely a temporary issue but you can try a few things:

First try just power cycling the HomePod.

Sign out oIf iCloud, then Restart HomePod from the Home App. After it restarts (the white swirling light completes) sign back in

To sign out, scroll down to Primary User

Similar questions

2 replies

HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.