Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri-initiated HomePod audio shows on my iphone

My daughter uses a HomePod mini for white noise at night, which she triggers each night with “hey siri, play white noise.” It then usually shows on my iPhone as though I started it from my phone and airplay’d it to the homepod (ie., shows as media playing on my Lock Screen).

this causes two problems:

1) I have to be careful not to accidentally pause the white noise from my iPhone, as it’ll wake her;

2) if I play a podcast/music on my iPhone, it defaults to her homepod and startles her.

how do I prevent her homepod audio from showing as a default on my Lock Screen and as the pre-selected airplay speaker when I start a podcast/music after she goes to bed?

many thanks!

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 6:50 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 2, 2022 3:51 AM in response to Cosmello33

I don't think there is a way to disable this feature. When selecting music or podcasts to play on your phone you can tap the AirPlay icon, then Control Other Speakers & TVs to select the phone before you select something to play, and that should then leave the HomePod as it is, provided you're not trying to stream two Apple Music sources on a single user subscription.

tt2

Siri-initiated HomePod audio shows on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.