Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

settings titles are duplicating as black pop up clouds in the centre of the screen for about 2 seconds every time you touch the screen ?

I just bought the phone today and I must have touched a setting that caused this irritating pop up

how do I get rid of them ??? Thanks

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 11:00 AM

Thanks for the reach back. The solution was to go into voice control in settings and make sure that is OFF in the accessibility settings. This is what caused the closed captioning to appear on the phone screen. Hope this might help others.

5 replies

Aug 27, 2022 10:32 PM in response to cohokid

cohokid Said:

"does this screen cap help?: Black Popup: Please provide this. Can't you post this on YouTube so that we can see this. That would most certainly help."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Yes it does help.

Resetting to Factory Settings:

Perform as in instructed here, as if you were to sell it. Report back if that works. What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Aug 27, 2022 9:46 PM in response to cohokid

cohokid Said:

"settings titles are duplicating as black pop up clouds in the centre of the screen for about 2 seconds every time you touch the screen ?: I just bought the phone today and I must have touched a setting that caused this irritating pop up how do I get rid of them ??? Thanks"

-------

Black Popup:

Please provide this. Can't you post this on YouTube so that we can see this. That would most certainly help.

settings titles are duplicating as black pop up clouds in the centre of the screen for about 2 seconds every time you touch the screen ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.