Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

system administrator

MacBook Pro 2020'

macOS Monetary

Whenever i want to click on Sharing, Startup Disk, and Profiles in System Preferences, It keeps on saying "your system administrator has not given you access to this preferences pane."

What is a system administrator?

I bought this MacBook from the school, and I think the school is the system administrator. But I have already transferred to a different city.

What can i do? if i can contact the school?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 7:00 AM

Sorry but once the computer is Enrolled in a MDM Service, one could move the the Opposite side of the Earth and it will make no difference.

Even if the user were to Wipe the Computer 100% Clean of everything and reinstall the Operating System - The MDM Service could and would take Control as it Serial Number would remain the same regardless of Wipe and Reinstallation.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 7:00 AM in response to ej_ganzzi

Sorry but once the computer is Enrolled in a MDM Service, one could move the the Opposite side of the Earth and it will make no difference.

Even if the user were to Wipe the Computer 100% Clean of everything and reinstall the Operating System - The MDM Service could and would take Control as it Serial Number would remain the same regardless of Wipe and Reinstallation.

Aug 28, 2022 6:52 AM in response to ej_ganzzi

This would appear that the School has Enrolled this computer in a Mobile Digital Management Service ( MDM ) and the Serial Number of this computer is in their Data Base.

In effect, they Control this computer.

This would indicated they have Restricted your access to these Setting - this was done Remotely

And Yes contact to School

system administrator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.